The repair procedure for all cases
Together with the complete pipe lining rehabilitation systems, RS MaxPatch® is available for fast, trenchless and punctual repairs. RS MaxPatch® is a proven, on-site curing short liner system for the renewal of short sections in pressureless pipes from DN 100 to DN 800.
RS MaxPatch® cures at ambient temperatures with virtually no shrinkage and even under water. The resin ensures the best possible sealing of the defective pipe and eliminates the need for a preliner and heating system. The RS MaxPatch® has extensive suitability tests and is approved by the DIBt (German Institute for Building Technology ) as a process.
- Fast, trenchless, selective repair process without time-consuming set-up work
- Elimination of leakages in exfiltration and infiltration
- bends up to 30° can be renovated
- Restores the load bearing capacity of damaged pipelines
- The use of different inflatable packers is possible
The corrosion-resistant glass fibre composite system is ideal for repairing and sealing minor pipe damage such as cracks, leaks and branch leaks or corrosion and root damage. The high-strength resin/glass fibre matrix offers a unique structural strength with an extremely slim profile, which helps not to obstruct the pipe flow and in some cases even improve it.
The RS MaxPatch® system is based on a silicate resin system which is available as a three- and two-component system. For more information, see Consumables.
Non-foaming, elasticized three-component resin with good adhesion even to moist surfaces for bonding partial liners (short liners) during sewer rehabilitation.
- impregnates glass fibre mats (Advantex®) or polyester fleeces well
- also adheres to damp surfaces
- does not foam, not even when water comes in
- hardens well in thin layers
- Formwork can be easily demoulded
- is resistant to aggressive water, acids and alkalis and does not saponify. RS MaxPatch is supplied in three components. Component C is used to adjust the setting behaviour.
DN 100 – DN 800 mm
Possible applications of the RS MaxPatch®
Fast, trenchless, selective repair process to eliminate leaks in exfiltration and infiltration.
Restores the bearing capacity of damaged pipelines
• short packer
• Flexible packers
• Flexible packers
RS MaxPatch® 3-component resin system on silicate isocyanate basis
• Component A
• Component B
• Component C
RS MaxPatch 2-component resin “Summer/Winter/Fast”
RS MaxPatch Advantex® ECR glass mat (double direction glass system 1086 g/m₂ and 1387 g/m₂)
• DIBt Approval RS MaxPatch® Nr. Z-42.3-430
• RAL Quality mark RS MaxPatch® S15.1 (short liner)
Product information as pdf download
To protect the packer, a release agent is first applied to the packer. The packer is then evenly wrapped with a protective film and fixed in place.
The size of the glass fibre mat is calculated. It depends on the damaged area and a prescribed overlap.
The different resin components are mixed according to the process description. The resin is then distributed several times onto the glass fibre mat.
The impregnated glass fibre mat is wound onto the prepared packer several times, fixed and then inserted into the pipe.
The packer is positioned at the point of the damage. The curing takes place under the given pressure within the calculated curing time.
Do You Have Questions?
Would you like to know more, do you have a specific question about the RS MaxPatch® system or would you like to place an order? We will be happy to help you directly.